Mulching is a vital process in most types of gardening practices. It involves covering the top soil with organic matter like leaves, moss, bark, grass clippings, wood chips, and shavings, etc.
Mulch stays on the ground, and it decays over time, providing food for the soil and protecting it until its time to put in a fresh new layer again.
It improves moisture and temperature, conditions soil, prevents erosion, and controls weeds. You dont need to spend plenty of money to make all of these happen. If youre serious about gardening or farming, you must have a basic equipment for mulching, at the very least.
Why is it Important to Mulch?
1- Improve Moisture & Temperature
It improves moisture and temperature. Exposed ground must be avoided at all costs when gardening or farming. Seeds germination and plants growth rate depend on maintaining these factors.
Harsh heat and cold can both damage growing seeds, and new plants and mulch provide much-needed protection. Best of all, its free.
2- Improve Soil Condition
Mulch improves soil condition. Wood shavings and chips decompose over time and get mixed onto your topsoil.
The right nutrient balance in the ground encourages beneficial microbes that make your plant healthier and more robust. Mulch is also a natural fertilizer.
3- Don’t compete with your Plants
You wouldnt want anything to compete with your plants for soil minerals. Mulching is an excellent way to suppress weeds and make sure that your plant grows in optimal condition.
4- Eliminate Yard Waste
You can eliminate yard waste through shredding, chipping, and mulching.
How to Choose the Right Equipment?
Select a power tool based on the size of your garden and operations and budget. A bigger garden with lots of trees for yard waste naturally calls for larger equipment.
- Wood Chippers can cut through small branches and is the most powerful among the three common types of power tools. It reduces yard wastes into chips. These chips decompose less rapidly than shredded or mulched material.
- Wood Shredders are slightly less powerful than chippers owing to the smaller size and they cut yard materials into shreds and mulch.
- Mulchers can break down smaller-sized garden waste like leaves, weeds, and other soft organic materials. This tool is essential for making compost.
Powerful 3-in-1 combination equipment
Check this out if youre looking for powerful 3-in-1 combination equipment:
The Eco-Shredder is the easy way to help clean up the yard after trimming the bushes and raking the leaves.
No gasoline engines to try to start. The Eco-Shredder is the way to help clean up your yard.
The top hopper accepts twigs, small branches and other leaves and debris. The side chute accepts branches up to 1-3/8″ in diameter.
It can even save time and money by allowing you to make your own mulch.
- Three-way feed makes reducing yard waste a quick and easy process.
- Three-cycle shredding and mulching system ensures consistant, uniform results
- Safety features include an overload protection switch that will turn off the motor during a jam
- Quieter and cleaner operation than gas-powered chipper shredders
- Seven-inch wheels designed for maximum portability
- Compact design makes it easy to store in a shed or workshop
- Shreds brush, leaves, chips, and limbs up to 1.375 inches
- Rounded discharge chute makes cleanup and maintenance easy
2- Dedicated Wood Chippper
For a dedicated wood chipper alone, look into this option:
The power smart PS10 electrical chipper shredder come with a 120V, 60Hz, 15 amp motor with a Speed of 4500 rpm.
It is able to handle branches or a diameter ofup to 1 5/8″. at only 33 lb, it is easily mobile.
The overall height is 37″. it comes with a safety locking knob, to prevent the blades & Machine from turning on or spinning when turned on.
Included is an overload switch , which will shut the unit off if fed too much at one time, to prevent damage to the motor & internal mechanisms of the shredder.
With all these features, you can’t go wrong for those small, to small/medium jobs.