The temperature of your compost pile is critical. In order to control the Compost Pile Temperature you should consider buying a Compost Thermometer.
Here our selection for the Best 5 Compost Thermometer with features and Review.
Why you should Monitor Compost’s Temperature ?
Temperature monitoring is very important for managing the compost process.
By measuring temperatures regularly, you can tell how fast material is composting, and whether there are hot or cold spots in the pile.
Turning the compost whenever temperatures get above or below the optimum range will help produce high quality compost in the shortest possible time.
The different Temperature by Composting Steps
As organisms decompose waste, they generate heat. Decomposition is most rapid when the temperature is between 90° and 140° F (32 – 60° C).
Below 90° F (32° C), the process slows considerably, while above 140° F (60° C) most microorganisms cannot survive.
Compost pile temperature depends on how the heat produced by microorganisms is offset by the heat lost through aeration or surface cooling.
When composting high nitrogen wastes, like grass clippings in the summer, smaller piles and frequent turning are needed to both provide oxygen and release excess heat.
Composting Temperature Chart
After an initial high temperature period (of a few days to several weeks), compost pile temperatures will gradually drop.
Turning the compost rejuvenates the oxygen supply and exposes new surfaces to decomposition, causing temperatures to rise.
When the temperature drops below 70° F (21° C), the composting process is nearly complete.
Disavantage of High Temperature on Composting
If temperatures rise above 160° F (71° C), the compost can sterilize itself, killing off the beneficial microorganisms.
Extremely high temperatures can also start the chemical process of spontaneous combustion, which might lead to the outbreak of a fire.
Top 5 Compost Thermometer Features & Review
If you are looking to buy a Compost Thermometer consider the following list of the Top selling Thermometer for your Compost pile
$20.95 in stock
- CLEAR ACCURATE DIAL ★ Easy to read 2 inch wide dial with color-coded temperature ranges. 40 to 180 Fahrenheit range, (4 to 82 Celsius) in 2 °F increments for accurate readings.
- HIGH QUALITY LENS ★ High-quality and lightweight PC-coated lens, hermetically sealed to avoid fogging and moisture. IP55 water-resistant rating.
- RUGGED CONSTRUCTION ★ Tough, reinforced welded bolt between dial and stem for long-lasting operation and conditions. High quality 304 grade rust-resistant stainless steel.
- LONG QUALITY STEM ★ Long 20 inch, 3/16 inch diameter durable stem for accurate readings, great for larger backyard compost piles. Temperature is read from the tip, and takes about 30 seconds.
- 100% GUARANTEE ★ Buy with confidence with our no-hassle 100% money-back guarantee. Composting and temperature zone guide, including Celsius conversion, printed on back on package.
REOTEMP Backyard Compost Thermometer
- Accurate & Durable: REOTEMP has been Manufacturing Accurate and Durable Compost Equipment for 20+ Years!
- Thick 1/4" Diameter Stem for Higher Durability
- Hermetically Sealed: Won't Fog Up. Can be Left in the Compost Pile Over Night
- Composting Instructions: Included to Get You Started
- Read at a Glance Dial: Fahrenheit with 3 Temperature Zones that Indicate Compost Activity - Steady, Active and Hot
Compost Soil Thermometer by Greenco
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Solid 20 inch (508 mm) 0.2 inch (5mm) diameter stem; reinforced welded bolt between dial and stem for long-lasting operation and conditions; high quality 304 stainless steel
- CLEAR ACCURATE DIAL: Easy to read 2 inch wide dial with color-coded temperature ranges; 40 - 180 Fahrenheit range and -17.77 - 82.22 Celsius in 2 degree increments for accurate readings
- HIGH QUALITY LENS: High-quality and lightweight PC-coated lens, hermetically sealed to avoid fogging and moisture; IP55 water-resistant rating
- COMPOSTING INSTRUCTIONS: Included to get you started
- LIFETIME WARRENTY, 100% MONEY BACK GARDENER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: We are here 7 days a week, to answer all your questions
Stainless Steel Soil Thermometer by Smart Choice
$19.97 in stock
- ✅ THE BEST SOIL THERMOMETER - While other Soil Thermometers can't tell the correct temperature, fogs up, and get broken easily, our soil thermometer has high precision performance, high-visibility, and is designed to last
- ✅ REMARKABLE PLANTING RESULTS - For both, Indoor & Outdoor potting and gardening. Your plants will be healthy because now you can easily monitor the temperature in compost heaps and soil
- ✅ HIGH QUALITY DESIGN - Rugged stainless steel components, 1.5" glass-covered dial display, 5'' long stem is more accurate and easier to read than digital garden thermometers.
- ✅ TIME-SAVING & COST EFFECTIVE! - Do you have problems finding out when is the best time to start planting your seedlings and young plants? We did too, this is why we've created this premium compost and soil thermometer. Not only it saves you a lot of money, no more fragile and slow growing plants, it also saves your time. Add this great tool to your garden supply list
- ✅ WE STAND FOR HIGH QUALITY AND PROVIDE 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - If at any point you are not satisfied with any of our products, simply write us a message and we will refund your purchase or send you a replacement within 24 hours.
REOTEMP K83W Worm Therm, Worm Composting Thermometer
- PDF Vermicomposting Guide Included
- Waterproof and Dustproof
- 7.5" Stainless Steel Stem
- Highlighted Green Range on the Dial for Red Wiggler Worms